Cpx24.com CPM Program
Cpx24.com CPM Program

Graffiti Moon

I’ve been excited about reading this one ever since it had it’s US release some months ago, but first I had to wait for the UK release, and even then I missed it. If you’ve been keeping an eye on my Books of the Month table in my sidebar,  you’ll already know that Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley was my favourite book, back in July, when I’d had the opportunity to finally read it, so the contents of this review shouldn’t come as a surprise…
I enjoyed it every bit as much as I thought I would do. When it’s done as well as this, I really do enjoy a duel point-of-view book (technically this is a triple point-of-view as Lucy and Ed’s chapters are interspersed with Leo’s poems (and pretty effective they are)).
I did want to throttle the characters on occasion for their stupidity and poor decision-making (meaning they don’t see the wood for the trees on an almost hourly basis!), but only because they were actually pretty clued-up, intelligent and talented kids. – In other words, pretty typical teenagers! . But boy, are they characters to really get behind and like.
The fact that Lucy once punched Ed on the nose, adds some wonderful black humour to their initial interactions and eventual banter, and I really enjoyed what their artistic sides brought to both of their personalities and discussions. Lucy works with blown glass, and Ed… Well it’s hardly a surprise, why he seems to know so much about graffiti artist Shadow… It added depth to them and the story and kept the book from becoming too frivolous.
A delight to read, I enjoyed every moment of Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley.
‘We’ve got at least seven hours to get what we want before the sun comes up.’
School is over, and Lucy has the perfect way to celebrate: tonight she’s going to find Shadow, the mysterious graffiti artist whose work appears all over the city. Somewhere in the glassy darkness, he’s out there, spraying colour, birds and blue sky on the night. And Lucy knows that a guy who paints like Shadow is someone she could fall for – really fall for.
The last person Lucy wants to spend this night with is Ed, the guy she’s managed to avoid since punching him in the nose on the most awkward date of her life. But when Ed tells Lucy he knows where to find Shadow, the two of them are suddenly on an all-night search to places where Shadow’s pieces of heartbreak and escape echo off the city walls. 
 Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley [Review]
And what Lucy can’t see is the one thing that’s right before her eyes.